Harvesting ginger and turmeric grown organically in containers. When to Harvest and How to harvest Ginger or Turmeric?
About 7 Months back, we planted some pieces of grocery bought ginger and turmeric rhizomes. Let’s look into step by step process which is common for both ginger and turmeric.
1. Choose your rhizomes – they must be free of wrinkles and with visible eyes.
2. Cut into multiple pieces – each piece must have atleast 2 eyes.
3. Soak in water for about 12 hours.
4. Plant them in a well draining soil containing at least 50% compost like decomposed cowdung or vermicompost. You can use garden soil or coco coir or a mix of both.
5. You can first plant in smaller containers or directly plant in larger containers of atleast 12 inch size.
6. Plant them 1 to 2 inches deep with eyes facing upwards or sidewards. Best time to plant is spring or summer so that you can harvest in fall months.
7. Water thoroughly and then keep in bright indirect sunlight until you get first set of leaves.
8. Rooting and shooting should start within a week, you can keep in direct sunlight of atleast 4 to 6 hours.
9. After a month, if you have grown in smaller containers, transplant each plant into a larger container of atleast 12 inches.
10. Fertilize once a month With one or Two Handfuls Of Compost and water thoroughly twice a week or more depending on your climatic conditions.
Finally Harvesting Ginger and Turmeric after 7 months – Please watch video.
Free SUBSCRIBE TO Our Channel at: http://www.youtube.com/c/gardentips?sub_confirmation=1
CLICK NOTIFICATION BELL TO “ON” TO RECEIVE UPDATES!
Gardening Products I buy: http://www.gkvk.net/links/
Our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/gkvk.net/
Our Twitter URL: https://twitter.com/gkvk_in
Our Instagram Link: https://www.instagram.com/gkvk.in
Garden Tips – Gardening Channel in English – http://youtube.com/gardentips
Gardening Tips Hindi – http://youtube.com/gardeningtips
CHECK OUR PLAYLISTS: https://www.youtube.com/gardentips/playlists
Join Our WhatsApp Group to learn from experts: Please Join Here https://www.youtube.com/gardentips/join for a small fee. After Joining, please contact us with your youtube user id and whatsapp number to be added to our Gardening Family. Contact here – https://www.youtube.com/gardentips/about (enquiries).
#HARVEST #GINGER #TURMERIC #GARDENING #HORTICULTURE